So finally, finally as noted in our news release, we have managed to complete and commission the microgrid at Malachite Mews.
As Randall our CEO stated, “The COVID-19 crisis severely affected how we managed the implementation of this project, but we are very thankful for the hard work of our team that allowed us to complete it and ensure energy security for the residents of Malachite Mews” – the workers and whole team have done magnificently.
So, as a result, I give you *drumroll* Malachite Mews Microgrid!
Just to recap, a little more detail about what we have installed:
- 1 533 solar panels, installed a total of 9 solar inverters and 27 Victron Quattro 15 hybrid inverters
- 12km of DC cabling to bring the power from the panels to the inverters has been installed, and 750m of below-ground trenching for the cabling has been dug.
- 9.8 Km of data cabling for IOT such as cameras, load management devices and energy meters
- Created employment for 30 people for a period of 3 months.
- Reduction of the properties carbon footprint by 70% from the current emissions of about 1.2mil tons a year down to 360 000 tons per year.
- The largest battery system in South Africa’s residential sector.
Our Malachite Mews microgrid uses Cenfura Token (XCF) for all its settlements – this is the first time the token is taken into use, making Cenfura one of the first energy companies in the world to use this model. You can read more from our token website.